Friday, October 4, 2013

Settling In


 We arrived to our new place Monday Sept. 9th around 1:00. The place we are living, we had never seen before. We had seen pictures online, but doesn’t mean anything now a days. So of course we were anxious and excited. We got our keys and decided to go check it out before we moved anything in. It is awesome! I guess leaving in a hole for the last 15 months did us good, because anything would be nice for us. It really is nice though. We have space, a storage shed out back, big living room and kitchen area, nice bathroom, and a huge closet! For just winging it, it turned out quite nice. It did help that we had a friend live in the same complex as us. Even though she didn’t know what ours look liked inside and that it was a different model than hers, it was still nice to have the reassurance that it was an okay place. So living in a hole paid off. We started to unload the truck and realize that Kyle wanted to help to. This of course was not helpful. We set him in a pack and play. He of course didn’t like the idea (nor do I blame him). So eventually once more boxes were inside, I let him roam while I sorted boxes to rooms. 
We then got to met our neighbors who are all really nice and helpful. The best though was Kelsey (are friend that lives here) brought us lunch. After eating out for the past 3 days we were pretty sick of eating out. A fresh sandwich was just the trick! I thought that was so neat that she did that. I hope that one day when I see someone moving in and I can give them lunch. It really was so nice. 
So far though I have already added stuff to my bucket list. One thing that Kyle and I love to do is go walking down new trails so I’m adding that to my list especially since there are so many trails here. 

BUCKET LIST: First 10 things! 

Go to the ocean and eat sea food. 
Visit Avery Park
Walk down a new trail every week
Go to the sweet waterfall
Go and visit the Gorge by the Columbia River
Go to McDonalds College Forest
Go to the Enchanted Forest Theme Park by Salem
Take the bus route
Learn how to take the bus route :) 
 Walk around OSU campus and Downtown


Kyle's 1st Birthday

Kyle’s Birthday!
So we got to our place on September 9th and Kyle’s 1st birthday was on Tuesday the 10th. I wanted to do a fun party with a cute cake and little decorations, but moving three states away didn’t help with that cute party I have been picturing. So it was pretty low key. Tuesday morning we had to drive another 30 minutes to Salem to drop off the Budget truck. Poor Kyle was so done with the car. When we got back we decided if we needed to go somewhere one of us would stay just so he wouldn’t have to go back into that car seat. 
The rest of the day we just unpacked everything! We wanted to at least get the living room all cleared out so that we could host a little party for Kyle. So we slaved away the rest of the day. We finally got things all arranged enough to have have an actual living room. I then went down the the dollar store and got some balloons and a few more things for the party. I just did a plan old cake because there really wasn’t much time to do anything else. Scott and I then wrapped some presents and set him up for a cute 1st birthday picture. He did really well opening presents. He actually got the main idea pretty fast. I think Christmas will be a blast with him. Then around 7:00 Kelsey and Cameron Jack came over for cake and ice cream. I was hoping Kyle would be a classic dive in to food picture, but he really doesn’t like to get messy that much. After a few bites though, he started to get more into it. He really enjoyed the ice cream though. 
Even though Kyle’s first birthday was nothing like I had imagined, it turned out just fine. After all, I know he won’t remember it, but it still is a fun event to look back on. I still can’t believe he is one year old though. Time has just flown by since he was born. I love him so much and I am so grateful to have him in my life. He teaches me something everyday. I’m so glad I have the opportunity to stay home with him even with Scott going to school. We truly are so blessed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment