Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Bucket List: Check!


So far we have now been here almost 2 weeks. I have already fallen in love with Corvallis. It is so beautiful here. Although everyone keeps saying that you pay a price by living in the rain for 9 months to look this beautiful, its still gorgeous. So far we have done some pretty fun stuff. I found a new trail this week beside the other one that I take. It truely is so beautiful and just in our backyard! Here are some pictures of the trails we have been on. I don’t think they have names, but they are just fun bike and running trails.
Trail practically in our backyard
Scott and I also got the chance of exploring Corvallis a little more. On Wednesday we decided to take a nice walk around Downtown. It is so fun down there with so many fun shops. We were able to find all sorts of awesome stuff. We even came upon another trail that goes along the water front. It was so neat and one day I will go and walk it. While we were walking around we came across this unique bar and restraunant. We could see 3 people talking in the corner by the window at a desk. As we stopped to check it out, we realized they were doing a news cast! It must be like a Beaver station because the restranunt was covered in Beaver stuff and it looked like a sports place. I think I might add that to my list of what to check out while we are here in Corvallis as well. Anyways, to say the least Corvallis is so pretty and we are slowly getting to know it better and better. I still have to use our GPS a lot, but not as much as I use to. Ha ha Slowly but surely :) 
So another thing that we just passed off on our bucket list was visiting the beach in Newport. On Sept. 21st we decided to make it a day and drive out to the beach. Its about a 45 minute drive, so not too bad. We were nervous it was going to rain on us the whole time since it was raining in Corvallis, but when we got to Newport it was cloudy, but didn’t rain which was nice. We took Kyle down to the water and walk around with him. He seemed to really like it. I know the sand wasn’t his favorite to sit in (nor was it mine because we got sand al over the car) but he warmed up to it really fast. He is at the point where he can’t walk yet, but wants to hold our fingers and try. Since he didn’t seem to want to crawl in the sand either, we just walked with him around. We even dipped his little feet in the water for a split second. Because it was still pretty cold and we were hungry, we decided to go find some sea food! We went out to a restaurants called Georgieo’s. It was really good! I had the pasta with the sea food and it was literally packed with Sea Food. Super yummy just a little bit spicy though. The sea food here isn’t very expenses compared to Utah. Probably because they don’t have to ship it anywhere. It was so yummy. 
Living it up at the beach in New Port
After lunch, we went and drove to Depoe. We didn’t get out in Depoe, but decided to do all the look out views. Because of the full moon the waves were just roaring! They were massive. The ocean really is so pretty, but I do have a fear of it. I don’t really have any desire to go out and swim, but its just memorizing to watch. It really is so fascinating to me. Of course when summer comes I’m sure we will go swim or try boogie boarding, but the Oregon Coast is definitely a cold beach. It is a gorgeous sight. I mean you got pine trees and a beach within the same 100 feet! It really is so fun and beautiful, just cold. 
Being here in Corvallis has sure opened our eyes to being outside of Utah. I was so nervous about making friends and having a hard time meeting people. This is another reason I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is like an instant family. Our Ward has been so welcoming and so loving towards us. We have already had dinner with several families, been invited to play games, and I have been able to make lots of friends. Kyle and I have been invited to several play groups which is so nice to get out of the house.  I am grateful for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm not sure what I would do without it. Even though we don't know a lot of people yet, I feel like I can rely on the gospel as a support system to get us through if/when hard times hit. Scott has met the members in his cohort and he talks about how some of them are having hard times right now. He said as they were doing some orientation things that he felt like he could solve their problems with teaching them the gospel. I know I not a great missionary especially in Utah, but I am hoping that while I am here, I will be better at sharing the light and truth with others. I hope that through Scott and my example of just being happy will make people ask why we are so happy? Praying for missionary moments I know can help us to, but I just feel like I have this extra excitement to spread the gospel here. I never thought I'd say this, but I really quite like living outside of Utah. I feel it will be so good for us. I'm glad that everything has worked out and that Heavenly Father has lead us here. 
 Such Beauty! The ocean really is so peaceful and so beautiful. Who would of though just plain old salt water could be so memorizing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment