Friday, October 3, 2014

July Adventure

4th of July Breakfast
July was a blast! It went by so fast though. I guess that is just how summer goes. For the 4th of July we started our day with a church breakfast. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints and we had an amazing breakfast with a flag ceremony. It was a great way to start of this great holiday. Afterwards, we went to the parade. It was a bit interesting, but we had a good time. After, we walked the river front and looked at some of the booths that were there. Kyle just loves people and anytime he gets to people watch, he is all over it!

Waiting for the parade to Start.

Kyle's favorite part! 
Around July 19th Kyle and I got the opportunity to fly home to visit family. Sadly, Scott could not come because he had just started his job so he has no time off. So we left Scott here at home while we flew to Utah. It was an interest/long flight. Kyle did pretty good, but being 30 weeks pregnant, it was really uncomfortable with a lap child. Near the end of the flight, it got really bad. Kyle started to freak out! I heard that terrible cry he does when he is about to get sick. So of course I tried to find a throw up bag, but there was none! So I did the next best thing. I grabbed his blanket and put it on this lap and up his shirt and away he went. However, in the midst of it all, the blanket slipped off me and sure enough, throw up down my shirt... I had tried to get the flight attendants attention, but they had already buckled in since it was the landing. People started handing me napkins and someone handed me a throw up bag. I used it to put all the napkins and wipes in. Poor kid! Everyone got off the plane while I stayed and cleaned it up. It was quite a bit of a panic, but at least it was at the end of the flight. When we finally got down to luggage, my sister Mikayla and my mom were waiting for me. It was so wonderful to see family! We got our luggage and met my dad outside a the loading lane. On the way up the canyon though, I heard that cry again... Sure enough Kyle threw up two more times up Parley's canyon. By the time we got to Park City though, he was so exhausted he slept the rest of the way.
The rest of the 2 weeks weren't to bad though. My parents have horses and Kyle just loved them! Every morning he would yell out the window, "Hi Horsey, Hi Chickens, Hi rooster, Hi doggies!" I think this kid was meant to grow up on a farm. We were able to spend lots of time with my parents as well as see Kyle's cousins. We got to sent the 24th with them which is always a fun celebration in Kamas. We then went to the zoo with all the cousins. Kyle loves animals! He would just run from one to the other. It was so fun to see Kyle with his cousins and have that time with them.
Riding Royal
And Aunt Jennie Time
Loving some cousin time

Grandpa's our Favorite
At the Zoo! Grandma with all the grandkids
Watching the bird show





Kyle kept running away so I had to bend down next to him. All of us girls with the kids! 
On the way home, I was of course nervous for the flight. We had to leave early that morning and I was hoping Kyle would sleep the whole way down... nope! Instead he threw up on the way down the canyon. Go figure! I then gave him some motion sickness medicine that he had used before. It usually makes him sleep. Not today though, he was hyper! He was running everywhere. When we got on the plane, I just knew it would be a long one. Luckily I met a nice girl that had a little boy. We strategized how we could sit by each other. The plane wasn't full so she sat by the window and I sat at the end. Then we put our stuff in the middle seat. It was great! Kyle was able to play with this little boy and roam around. However, on the landing he fell asleep. It turned into a power nap since we had to get off the plane. On the way home, he started to get sick again so we stopped in Salem and saw a friend. He played there for awhile which I think helped tire him out. Then when we left again he slept the rest of the way. Motion sickness with this kid is rough! I'm glad we got through it though. It really was a great July.

No comments:

Post a Comment